We hold the Word of God as our final authority on what to believe and how to live. According to the Bible:
- God is the almighty, infinite creator of heaven and earth.
- Jesus Christ, whom we follow, is the express image of God’s person as God’s only Son. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died, and was buried. He was raised to life on the third day, is in Heaven now with the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- Humankind was created in the image of God and originally perfect. That was followed by a rebellion and consistently we have all sinned against God and deserve eternal judgement.
- Through Jesus Christ God offers salvation from that judgement to all who will turn from their rebellious ways.
- The Church is an assembly of believers who have been called to holiness by God, joined to Christ by faith and Spirit Baptism, and immersed in water baptism. As the visible expression of the body of Christ we join together to do the work of Christ today, which is to make disciples of all nations.
We are an independent Baptist church with approximately 80 active members. We gather together for worship and fellowship each Sunday morning for Bible Study, Sunday School, and Regular Worship Service. Wednesday night services are dedicated to prayer and praise. We have a love for each church family member, young and old, and enjoy coming together to worship as one. Music ranges from traditional hymns to contemporary praise and worship songs. Families are encouraged to worship together in each service but a nursery and junior church program are available if desired. More…
Our congregation is a small, God-loving, family-oriented group of believers. We like to sing, laugh, and study God’s Word. We are dedicated to spreading the Gospel in our community through local programs and events like Vacation Bible School, Ice Cream Socials, and an annual Sportsmen’s Dinner. We also prayerfully and financially support other ministries that reach beyond our quaint valley. We faithfully provide support for the ministries of 17 missionaries and 10 missionary agencies.
Our shepherd, Pastor J. Wayne Hart, has a love and passion for counseling and has been gifted with a listening ear and compassionate heart, both of which make him easy to talk with and very approachable. He has a profound knowledge of the Scriptures and presents sermons that are God-inspired and easy to understand. More…
Our church is located in the southwest corner of New York State in Allegany County. Our church is nestled in a quiet valley and is surrounded by natural beauty which affords an opportunity for us to appreciate God’s creation as it is uniquely displayed through each of the four seasons. Map…
The West Clarksville Baptist church was formed November 28, 1838 as a Baptist Church Branch of Friendship, NY with 11 members. In 2003 the church moved to its current location. More…